- U.S. survey indicates most insurance policyholders would prefer to have a simple explanation of their insurance policy in terms they can understand and have policy details explained in a brief, one-page summary.
- By investing in telematics and setting up the Independent Broker Resources Inc (IBRI), brokers are signalling that they are prepared to compete with direct writers who currently dominate UBI.
- On January 1st California will become the 8th state to allow policyholders to get their policy renewals delivered electronically. I understand FSCO's view is that there is no legislative barrier to electronic policy renewals in Ontario.
- The good news is the number of deer-auto crashes has dropped off in the U.S. The bad news is more deer are dying from disease.
- Thomson Reuters has a new white paper explores the growing presence of organized crime in insurance fraud and it's free to download.
Thursday, 3 October 2013
Insurance News - Thursday, October 3, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, October 3, 2013: