- Toronto Star article suggests that perhaps usage-based insurance will be able deliver enough savings for Ontario auto insurers to allow them to cut rates by 15%? - nonsense.
- FSCO has released a usage-based insurance bulletin with guidance on what to include in a filing with the regulator.
- Traffic fatalities in Toronto are at 3-year high - this has got to be related to distracted driving.
- Self-driving cars offer the latest example of how society is not always prepared to deal with new technologies when they become available.
- California Bill would require DMV to issue drivers' licenses to undocumented immigrants who pass driving tests and buy insurance coverage. This follows similar moves by Illinois, Oregon, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, Washington and Utah.
Monday, 7 October 2013
Insurance News - Monday, October 7, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, October 7, 2013: