- Canadian Centre for Study of Insurance Operations to release telematics data standards in January 2014.
- According to a Towers Watson survey the P&C market in Canada and the U.S. is hardening. So what additional impact will the Ontario legislated 15% rate reduction have?
- The U.K. plans to introduce independent medical panels to validate whiplash claims and surprisingly the proposal is supported by defense and plaintiff bar.
- Google's Director of Safety reports that even the best automotive safety technology can't possibly save every life. The limit to the effectiveness of safety technology is the way people use it (or don't use it).
- Looking into the future when self-driven cars cause crashes who will pay the auto insurer or product liability insurer?
- Watch a self-driving Nissan Leaf avoid a pedestrian on the road:
Thursday, 24 October 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, October 24, 2013: