- California regulators have made technology-based ride sharing services legal in the state including minimum insurance requirements, obviously the taxi industry is not happy.
- How advanced are telematics in the U.S.? Allstate’s driver tracking program has now logged a billion miles.
- Washington State man sentenced to 6 months in prison for selling more than 950 counterfeit vehicle airbags on eBay and Craigslist.
- NDP Leader Andrea Horwath accuses insurance industry of jacking up auto premiums to compensate for mandated 15% rate reduction.
- While the first self-driving cars are coming soon, overcoming motorists’ distrust of them may be a challenge.
- One reason is that self-driving cars are progressing faster than rules of road. A driver could be charged with distracted driving if not paying attention to the road.
Wednesday, 25 September 2013
Insurance News - Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Wednesday, September 25, 2013: