- What would happen if your self-driving car was to cause a crash in Ontario? Under Ontario's current system you would be at-fault which is no different than if you caused a crash using your cruise-control but your insurer will pay.
- While the first self-driving cars are coming soon, overcoming motorists’ distrust of them may be a challenge.
- With insurers no longer able to use gender as a rating factor in calculating premiums under new EU regulations, the use of telematics to become critical.
- Toronto Sun article suggests GISA numbers show Ontario’s auto insurers can easily afford a 15% reduction in premiums over 2 years.
- NDP Leader Andrea Horwath accuses insurance industry of jacking up auto premiums.
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
Insurance News - Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, September 24, 2013: