- A great article on the need for provincial regulation of towing in Ontario and the industry's connection to fraud.
- DirectAuto Insurance in the U.S. has rolled out new mobile capabilities, including a pay-by-text feature and an app that evaluates driving habits.
- Renault has developed a low-cost, part-time self-driving car that could go on sale as early as next year - the automated feature will only work at speeds under 19 mph and in areas where no pedestrians or bicycles are allowed. It's a start.
- The first public road test of Nissan's Autonomous Drive technology on a Japanese highway was a success.
- Though motor vehicle deaths have been declining, a recent study found that deaths in pedestrians and cyclists are increasing as a result of distracted driving.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are now available at five GO stations.
Friday, 29 November 2013
Insurance New - Friday, November 29, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Friday, November 29, 2013: