- According to the Star, Liberals will support NDP call for 15% auto insurance cut. No plan on how rates will be cut but this is a no brainer for the government. Premium reductions won't be funded by the government.
- According to Finance Minister Charles Sousa, Ontario motorists may be allowed to pay an extra fee to drive solo in HOV lanes. This must be part of the Liberals' plan to fund transit expansion.
- A new slate of maximum fees and disbursements payable for services, activities or functions under Nova Scotia’s Automobile Insurance Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols Regulations will take effect on April 1. Yes fees are lower than those in Ontario.
- Inflation surges most in 20 years as gas prices spike. February rise in CPI was 1.2% and the annual rate was 1.4%. This is not expected to be a trend.
- OnlineAutoInsurance.com study on territorial rating suggests that wealthier, less-diverse areas of New Jersey tend to see lower auto insurance premium.
Wednesday, 27 March 2013
Insurance News - Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Wednesday, March 27, 2013: