- FSCO seems to be in the news a lot lately. First the NDP asking about a study on the ROE benchmark used to review rate filings, then the PCs are proposing a file and use rate filing system for Ontario and of course the Provincial Auditor is due for a follow up audit this summer.
- Requiring accredited medical experts to examine whiplash claims part of U.K. insurers' proposals. This sounds a lot like a DAC assessment.
- Only 32% of American driver understand their auto insurance coverages (only 27% of men).
- NDP is pushing for the province to release what it claims is a government-commissioned report on insurance industry profits.
- The Progressive Conservative finance critic has come out supporting file-and-use rate approval system.
- That awkward moment when your DUI mug shot appears next to your firm’s DUI defense ad.
- What's behind the high costs of Michigan auto insurance rates? - theft, fraud, and uninsured motorists.
- Ontario auditor general will revisit FSCO this summer regarding high premiums.
Wednesday, 13 March 2013
Insurance News - Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Wednesday, March 13, 2013: