- The Ontario Court of Appeal has ruled against insurer over limitation period in OPCF 44R. The insurer is likely to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- 80% of Canadians support a ban on texting while driving but then how many will actually comply with such a law?
- Uber, the popular U.S. ride-sharing service, has arranged for insurance to cover the gap exposed late last year when a 6-year-old girl was killed by an Uber driver.
- This Long Island con artist staging accidents may be an all-time low for insurance fraud.
- A U.S. insurer has introduced a smartphone app to allow an insurance rep to carry out a video appraisal using a client's smartphone's camera to assess damage remotely.
- This is certainly a privacy concern, auto insurance plug-ins may soon track motorists' locations, not just driving habits.
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
Insurance News - Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, March 18, 2014: