- A lot of media coverage on how the Ontario government has introduced Bill 171 to address fraud and high auto insurance premiums.
- Meanwhile, it is reported that Florida auto insurance reforms are working though the Hillsborough clinic licensing ordinance has run into numerous legal problems.
- South Carolina and Rhode Island will be the 31st and 32nd U.S. states to allow electronic proof of auto insurance. Still not available in Canada.
- Traffic congestion is growing three times as fast as US economy, with situation worst in Los Angeles. My guess is that the problem is just as bad in Toronto.
- To coincide with Fraud Prevention Month, a Toronto-area rehab clinic that pleaded guilty to UDAP charges in November has now been fined $75,000.
- Drivers have hit family members in three separate incidents at the same intersection in North York. It also happens to be where FSCO is located.
Monday, 10 March 2014
Insurance News - Monday, March 10, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, March 10, 2014: