- FSCO has issued a RFP for arbitration services to address the arbitration backlog that has developed following the elimination of the mediation backlog. ADR Chambers is currently handling arbitration cases and the new contract will replace current contract with ADR Chambers.
- MTO is consulting on a pilot project to safety test self-driving cars. The pilot involves licensing test vehicles for developers that meet certain criteria and is similar to pilots in California, Florida, Nevada and Michigan - all jurisdictions are looking to attract technology and auto manufacturers to invest in their jurisdiction.
- Advice on getting cash after a crash from the at-fault driver to cover a car’s decreased value after an accident. Though I don't believe insurers will cover diminished value law suits.
- Florida is the 30th state to allow electronic proof of auto insurance.
- More predictions regarding self-driving cars, sales are expected to hit 11.8 million by 2035 and almost all cars will be self-driving by 2050.
Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Insurance News - Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, January 7, 2014: