- Quebec insurer Industrial Alliance wants to introduce a telematics program for young Ontario drivers with the ability to lower their auto insurance rates based on usage.
- Are civil liability cases involving drunk driving putting an end to personal responsibility?
- The OPP is reporting a significant drop in impaired driving charges and suspensions during their Festive R.I.D.E. campaign.
- Study shows teens may begin their driving habits with great caution, but as months behind the wheel pass, they begin to multi-task at higher frequency rates – dialing cell phones, eating, and talking to passengers, etc. – and therefore greatly raise their risk of crashes and/or near-crash incidents.
- Nevada is introducing new road safety measure. The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles will begin taking applications for and issuing driver authorization cards to Nevada residents who cannot meet citizenship requirements for a standard driver’s license or identification card.
Friday, 3 January 2014
Insurance News - Friday, January 3, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Friday, January 3, 2014: