- Granite Health Solutions has become the first IME provider to be awarded with a 3-year CARF accreditation. I've been suggesting that accreditation may address some of the poor quality IME work out there.
- US commercial truck drivers will need proof of medical certification from a medical examiner. The requirement will not apply to drivers with Canadian licenses.
- A French company is coming to the U.S. to market a driverless, electric, open-air shuttle vehicle that seats eight that can do 30 mph.
- Studies are suggesting that Los Angeles' new Light Rail Line is reducing driving. Meanwhile Toronto municipal politicians continue to dither.
- Google's self-driving cars have logged 300,000 accident-free miles but mostly on highways. Will they be as safe in city traffic? Will they actually save 30,000 lives?
Thursday, 9 January 2014
Insurance News - Thursday, January 9, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, January 9, 2014: