- Car crash scams are becoming increasingly sophisticated with the latest wrinkle involving organized groups gaining access to medical clinics to cash in on lucrative payouts for phony insurance treatments.
- Auto insurance fraud is more frequent and sophisticated, with organized groups replacing individual fraudsters.
- Ontario's efforts to reform the insurance sector and clamp down on fraud in the Toronto area have not slowed the problem of staged car accidents.
- There seems to be a debate going on as to whether self-driving cars will mean less traffic or in fact more congestion.
- Google may be ready to launch self-drivering cars in the near future but they may be more than 10 years away because we're just ready for them.
Wednesday, 23 July 2014
Insurance News - Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Wednesday, July 23, 2014: