- A drivers advocacy group is lobbying to have the speed limit on 400-series highways raised to 120-130 km/hour; suggests it would improve safety.
- WSAT declares traumatic stress provisions of Workplace Safety and Insurance Act are unconstitutional because mental stress claims have legal restrictions while physical claims do not.
- California's new self-driving car regulations prohibit falling asleep at the wheel among other things.
- Warren Buffett suggests self-driving cars will be good for society but a real threat to insurers as lower accident rates will reduce premiums and impact on insurers' bottom line.
- B.C. Supreme Court dismissed a claim and accepted the position of the insurer that the claimant burned his own car and claimed it was stolen.
Monday, 26 May 2014
Insurance News - Monday, May 26, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, May 26, 2014: