- Although the insurance industry purports to embrace online technology for consumers seeking quotes and other interaction, a new secret shopper study shows that only 44% of online quote requests get both a call and email response from the insurer or agent--and 17% received no response at all.
- A telematics device recently exposed a $91,000 auto insurance fraud case. Information stored on the device revealed that a car accident was not as significant as claimed by those involved in the crash.
- Lawyers launches class action suit against WSIB on behalf of Ontario injured workers for reducing awards for pre-existing conditions.
- Have the Liberals kept their auto insurance rates commitment?
- Latest Ontario seat projections have PCs winning 53 seats (current 37), Liberals winning 35 seats (current 49) and NDP with 19 seats (current 21).
Friday, 16 May 2014
Insurance News - Friday, May 16, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Friday, May 16, 2014: