- Fatal collisions by 'distracted drivers' up 17% in Canada and distraction surpasses impaired driving deaths in 3 provinces.
- One in five fraudulent claims are never detected so here are five keys to countering claims fraud.
- According to the Insurance Research Council, in 2009 the proportion of uninsured drivers in the U.S. was 13.8%. - The state with the highest rate was Mississippi at 28.0% and the lowest state was Massachusetts at 4.5%.
- Another article on telematics which is now reaching the mainstream media: New software allows insurers to track driving habits and personalize premiums.
- The pattern is the same in every jurisdiction. In the U.K. as auto insurers tighten up claims handling, fraudsters are moving away from just exaggerated claims to staging accidents.
Tuesday, 20 August 2013
Insurance News - Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, August 20, 2013: