- California could be the 5th U.S. state to allow e-delivery of insurance documents. A state Senate bill would allow policy renewals to be sent electronically to policyholders’ computers, tablets and mobile devices.
- Eventually insurers will need to move beyond discounts to attract consumers to user based insurance. After all not every driver can be given a discount once UBI becomes mainstream.
- Insurers looking for ways to stand out in terms of the kind of billing experiences they are providing policyholders using technology such as portals, websites and mobile apps. More and more consumers prefer online payment systems.
- Georgia is most expensive state to own a car and Oregon the least expensive. Although insurance costs are part of the difference, the gap is largely unrelated to car ownership but rather state taxes.
- Ontario court rules in favour of the government thereby allowing new regulations governing physiotherapy for seniors to take effect immediately. The government claimed the existing system delivered by for-profit clinics was being abused.
- Study suggests gender differences in Post Traumatic Stress account for why women are more at risk after a motor vehicle accident.
- Finally, a Minnesota man has lost his driver's licence for driving too slow.
Thursday, 22 August 2013
Insurance News - Thursday, August 22, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, August 22, 2013: