- Another U.S state (Illinois) allows drivers to use phones as proof of auto insurance coverage but still no initiative in Canada.
- Illinois also now has higher minimum coverage for third party liability. The new amounts are $25,000 for injury or death of one person (up from $20,000) and $50,000 for injury or death of two or more people. Still one of the lowest in terms of TPL coverage.
- According to a LexisNexis Insurance Telematics study 36% of consumers would switch auto insurers to receive usage-based insurance discount.
- Do people with luxury cars drive differently? Apparently they do.
- Posting on Facebook about driving drunk got a teen arrested when he bragged about hitting another car.
Monday, 26 August 2013
Insurance News - Monday, August 26, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, August 26, 2013: