- The courts are turning their attention to the dangers of texting and driving. A New Jersey appeals court ruled that a person could have a legal duty to avoid texting with someone who is driving.
- Only five remaining U.S. states have no prohibition whatsoever on texting while driving.
- Auto insurers shouldn't just focus on claims fraud. The latest trend in the U.S. is underwriting fraud by applicants who conceal or misrepresent information.
- Insurers love to insurer safe drivers. So what is the safest city in America to drive in? Fort Collins, Colorado according to Allstate claims data.
- Get ready to hand over control over the steering wheel because Nissan is planning to introduce their first self-driving cars by 2020.
- FSCO officially eliminated their mediation backlog as of August 19th but now they will have to focus on a build up of arbitration applications.
Thursday, 29 August 2013
Insurance News - Thursday, August 29, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, August 29, 2013: