- Deloitte report, Insurance Tech Trends 2013: Elements of Postdigital, says a convergence of five technology trends - analytics, mobile computing, social media, cloud computing and cyber liability - ultimately will reshape the way the insurance industry operates.
- Ministry of Health plans to shake up private physiotherapy sector on August 1 by diverting physiotherapy OHIP funding for seniors away from some large players (like Achieva, Centric Health) to LHNs and CCACs.
- U.S. consumer group says blue-collar workers and those without college degrees pay more for auto insurance.
- Paper by CNI Health Services: Malingering of Psychiatric Problems, Brain Damage, Chronic Pain, Controversial Syndromes in a Personal Injury Context.
- American Civil Liberties Union claims that police are using licence plate readers to track and collect data on American motorists' location. As a result, enormous databases of innocent motorists’ location information are growing rapidly.
- Ontario Liberals are falling behind in recent polling and will likely lose at least 2 seats (in Windsor and London) in August 1st by-elections. So will a Liberal set back impact on a possible fall election?
- On a related note, are the summer by- elections an exercise in voter suppression to give the Liberals a better shot at holding on to these ridings?
Wednesday, 24 July 2013
Insurance News - Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Wednesday, July 24, 2013: