- According to CAA-Quebec the Florida law that requires that Canadians carry an International Driving Permit (IDP) has been repealed.
- Fair Isaac buys fraud detection service Infoglide Software as part of an effort to help banks and insurers uncover criminal activity.
- Another state goes to electronic proof of car insurance - Kentucky.
- Metrolinx proposes road tolls, fuel and other taxes, vehicle kilometres travelled fees and transit fare increases to pay for GTA transit expansion. Premier Kathleen Wynne says she is prepared to go to an election anytime to fight for transit infrastructure. A sure fired vote winner in the GTA.
- Ontario's doctors are calling on the government to expand alcohol harm reduction programming in the province.
- Police have arrested and charged an Ontario man with fraud after he posed as a physician and illegally treated auto accident victims. Seems HCAI needs to be linked to the Regulatory Colleges to confirm registration numbers. Perhaps the Task Force recommendation regarding licencing facilities will address this problem.
Tuesday, 2 April 2013
Insurance News - Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, April 2, 2013: