- A British report has come out suggesting that the UK is the ‘Whiplash Capital of Europe’ with over twice the average of France, Spain and the Netherlands.
- The Texas House gave preliminary approval to levelling a $100 fine to drivers caught texting behind the wheel. However, Gov. Rick Perry, who vetoed a similar bill in 2011.
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles will be seeking public input on possible regulations of the driverless cars.
- Statistics suggest that younger Americans are driving less because they're biking and taking public transit.
- Finance Minister Charles Sousa announces budget to be presented on May 2nd. He said the budget will not announce any new tax hikes will include funding to expand public transit in Toronto and Hamilton and will move ahead this year with 60 per cent of Drummond Commission's recommendations. No mention of auto insurance rate reductions but I expect they will be included in the budget.
Monday, 22 April 2013
Insurance News - Monday, April 22, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, April 22, 2013: