- Smartphone applications and devices that record trip and vehicle data are set to infiltrate auto insurance at a rapid pace, bolstered by discounts of as much as 30 percent.
- A new Uber-like phone app lets stranded drivers summon the nearest tow truck. Is this a good or bad thing?
- It seems driverless cars do not do well in rain, snow and fog. Just like we humans.
- Given the size of the Ontario auto insurance market, recent auto insurance reforms (Bill 15) could impact on the entire Canadian P&C market.
- Not everyone is happy about Bill 15. Tow trucks organized a protest at Queen's Park regarding provisions in Bill 15 dealing with towing regulation.
- Uber's process for vetting potential drivers is receiving a lot of scrutiny.
Saturday, 20 December 2014
Insurance News - Saturday, December 20, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Saturday, December 20, 2014: