- Uber has applied for a taxi brokerage licence but Toronto city is proceeding with its court case. Meanwhile John Tory urges the parties to negotiate.
- Google which has been testing driverless cars on California’s roads and highways reports theri cars were involved in 11 minor accidents over the past six years. They claim their cars did not cause any of the accidents.
- Minnesota becomes the 38th state to allow electronic proof of insurance. Still no Canadian jurisdictions have introduced electronic pink slips.
- The first self-driving vehicles may have 18 wheels and they are currently being tested on American highways.
- Parents will like self-driving cars because they will be able to control speed, curfews and number of passengers for teens.
- Why Ontario’s auto insurance system is a car wreck.
Tuesday, 19 May 2015
Insurance News - Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, May 19, 2015: