- Bill 15, Fighting Fraud and Reducing Automobile Insurance Rates Act, 2014 passed this week with no changes. The bill when proclaimed will transfer accident benefit disputes to the Licence Appeal Tribunal, implement the oversight of the billing practices of health clinics, and introduce new rules governing tow truck operators and vehicle storage yard.
- The legal community was unable to convince the government to make changes to Bill 15 which means the new dispute resolution system will have no access to the courts and prejudgment interest will be reduced.
- This week the Ontario government released its Fall Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review (pages 71-72 deal with auto insurance).
- Driverless vehicles and smart cities can cut auto fatalities and CO2 emissions by 2025.
- Armed with analytics, predictive modeling and big data, insurers are moving to take on application fraud.
- Automakers adopt protocols to handle and protect consumer data in connected car era.
Saturday, 22 November 2014
Insurance News - Saturday, November 22, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Saturday, November 22, 2014: