- Telematics is the first major change to the auto insurance industry since direct lines were introduced in 1986.
- California Insurance Commissioner wants ride-sharing companies to bear more of the insurance burden when they encourage drivers to use their personal vehicles to transport passengers for a profit so it looks like this battle continues.
- This is significant, a van driver in the U.K. was convicted thanks to telematics device in his vehicle. So it seems police will likely be able to access telematics data.
- Self-Driving Cars: It's Unacceptable for Machines to Kill Humans.
- Here is the latest in Ontario provincial polling: 33% Liberals, 33% PC, 26% NDP. But based on the Quebec election results, don't read too much into the numbers.
Thursday, 10 April 2014
Insurance News - Thursday, April 10, 2014
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Thursday, April 10, 2014: