- To combat distracted driving, Manitoba has announced it will assess drivers 2 demerit points if caught using hand-held electronics.
- Some legal advice from the UK for insurers on the use of telematics.
- The City of Toronto has announced that it is launching a review of the tow truck industry. Supposedly they are looking at everything from fees to body shop recommendations to insurance scams.
- An interesting Toronto Star article entitled: Big Data: the good, the bad and the ugly.
- A strong first quarter of 2013 for U.S. p&c insurers with an ROE approaching 10%. Here is an analysis on the results.
- The U.S. Supreme Court could indirectly reduce rates for same-sex drivers if they rule bans on same-sex marriage are unconstitutional.
Tuesday, 25 June 2013
Insurance News - Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Tuesday, June 25, 2013: