- Bramalea-Gore-Malton MPP Jagmeet Singh wants industry profits used to drive down auto insurance rates.
- The U.S. National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration told Google that the artificial intelligence system that controls its self-driving car can be considered a driver under federal law.
- Uber has agreed to pay $28.5 million to about 25 million passengers to settle two San Francisco class actions over the way it advertises its services.
- Google is killing off the car-insurance comparison tool that it rolled out last year.
- Uber's popularity is prompting Canadian insurance companies to introduce coverage for drivers carrying paying passengers in their personal vehicles.
Monday, 29 February 2016
Insurance News - Monday, February 29, 2016
Here are the leading auto insurance headlines from ONTARIO AUTO INSURANCE TOPICS ON TWITTER for Monday, February 29, 2016: